May 4, 2011

Summer Clutch Pattern

Small,elegant clutches are not my thing,so I made up this pattern for when I need a small bag. But I'm sure that if you use a different fabric and maybe add some bling to it this pattern could look elegant too. Or you could just mae one and use it for a make up bag or something.
The original idea was a burlap clutch. I used the part of the coffe sack where the green paint was printed.
Photobucket
I added a strawberry pin made from polymer clay that I got from my friend.
Photobucket
I really liked the way the first one turned out,so I made one from light jeans and added some purple elephant ribbon I got from Melissa.
Photobucket
I made a handle for this one from a thin stripe of fabric so I could carry it around more easily. (plus it is way more easier to hit someone with a bag that has a handle) :)
Photobucket
Before I forget,here is the simple pattern for the clutch.
Photobucket
Cut two pieces from each,plus the lining but you know how this goes. :) If not,just ask me in the comments and I will wright up a more detailed tutorial for it.
Now here is something really cute I wanted to share! a huge pile of baby spiders! eeeek!
Photobucket
I was heading out for the store today and spotted this yellow ball next to our mail box. I was so amazed how tiny they are. Beautiful.
Photobucket
Have fun with the pattern! Off I go to enjoy my yummy tomato and mushroom spaghetti I just cooked up for dinner.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

  1. ehhhhh.... so many spiders... O.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Violetta,
    how did you attach the zipper?
    Let me know Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate spiders! But those tiny things are actually cute, if only they did not grow...
    Your burlap clutch is brilliant, in fact so brilliant that I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually didn't sew a zipper on the clutch. I just used a long strip of velcro and it works perfectly! :)

    Thank you,I love the burlap one too! I like spiders so these baby ones just made my day! :) But I went to check on them today and they are gone... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg if i saw all those spiders i would have had a heart attack! lol


    <333,
    http://lovetheegoddess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had the chance of being a witness of the birth of all those yellow spiders.. funny enought, seems like they have a thing for mailbox, i saw the same thing here ;)

    ReplyDelete